SCHUNK Steady Rests pneumatic version is here
Schunk recently released Zentrico Steady Rests in pneumatic version (also known as travelling steadies) for customers who do not have a classic CNC lathe. For applications without hydraulic, this is useful for pneumatic steadies as in industrial handling, stationary workstations, assembly lines, on conventional lathes, or gripper or bar loaders.
Self-centering precision steady rests support long, lean workpieces to protect the used tools, ensure excellent surfaces and minimize geometric errors at very long parts. As standard, the THL plus steady rests have a roller rinsing and are sealed against chips. The Zentrico THL plus has optimised lever kinematics, central lubrication, integrated roller rinsing and improved protection. This new product achieves maximum clamping force for each roller with consistently excellent centering and repeat accuracies.
Optional stroke measuring system
The stroke measuring system enables a continuous position monitoring and a partial opening of the lever arm. This shortens cycle times and protects against collisions.
Schunk steady rests in the pneumatic version are unique:
- Replacement of hydraulic seals against pneumatic seals. There is no different regarding the dimensions.
- Clamping force is lower than with hydraulic actuating, usually with pressure of 6 bar in the pneumatic unit.
- In case of pneumatic actuation there is no check valve installed.
- Machine requirements for pneumatic as well as hydraulic steady rests is continuous pressure during operation.
- Need more info? See the Schunk THL plus catalogue https://schunk.com/fileadmin/pim/docs/IM0018550.PDF
60 Variants of THL plus available
For a quick demonstration, see this video for Schunk THL Plus steady rests. Visit their website for details on all all versions (hydraulic, pneumatic, manual) of the THL plus steady rests series. Talk to us about these or other machine tooling accesories. Contact us.
READY TO TALK TO ROMHELD?
We want to help you find the best product or system solution. Call us on 1800 465 348 or tell us more in an email at Contact Us.